Swedish Swedish Allied Forces Division
We eat SaurKrauts for breakfast!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Gallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tracked and abandoned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Allied Forces Division Forum Index -> War-stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steenberg
Squad XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 16:07    Post subject: Tracked and abandoned. Reply with quote

En historia efter ett coolt mission.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colour Sergeant Steenbergs AAR for the attack on the enemys advance position outside of Lilliers. Sortie #6230162.

Under the command of Captain Crosbycz at the moment situated in an armoured vehichle overseeing the battlefield at the frontline I took command over a A22 Churchull MkVII tank and we drove north in an attempt to halt the enemies attacks on Lilliers and hoping to overrun their positions.

Resistance was strong and we encountered heavy enemy tanks as well as wehrmacht infantry in and around the enemy positions. They had dug in deep and continued to recieve reinforcements from the rear and the tank I commanded took up a defensive position when our infantry reported a 4G coming down the road. Since being in a flanking position from that enemy tank that was then going for our commanders armoured car I was able to order a shot to its' rear and we put it on fire as an example for the rest. As a torch it burnt with a heavy plume of black smoke and I ordered my tank to advance to a position alongside the commanders. From there we could oversee the assault on the enemy position and lay down heavy supporting barrage and also cut of the enemys attempts to flank west.

Soon we got reports via radiocommunication that a Tiger was heading east to flank and we started esarching. No visual contact though and we continued to supress the enemy. Several wehrmacht could be visibly defeated as they both tried to rush our fortified position with antitank charges and also as they tried to thwart our advances on them.

During this time with my commanding officer Captain Crosbycz calling out visible threats in the terrain I could lay down main gun shells to defeat several hard and semi-hard targets. Amongst them were a PAK40 Antitank Gun and a Panzer 4D and an AA gun. On our right flank to the east there was forming a counterattack and as we thought of regrouping another PAK40 was defeated to the near east. Covering Captain Crosbycz regrouping I was able to defeat a SdKfz 232 scouting ahead of their flanking movement and we could also get a visible on the Pz 4 E Tiger rolling in from the east to support their flanking us.

Regrouping then to a position more south we could soon defeat the Tiger and also a Panzer 3H. Unfortunately the Tiger got in a glansing hit which left my driver disabled and we had to abandone tank after delaying the enemy whom had then had the chance to roll up with another Tiger which we could only disable tracked so it would not follow our retreat. Unfortunaley our A22 Churchill must be counted as a casualty as we could see the smoke rising from it as other Panzers rolled.

This can only leave me with the conclusion that the commander of this mission, Captain Crosbycz, should be commisioned for a medal for his excellent ability to lead troops into battle and that we can count on our own troops stepping up when the going gets tough.

/Colour Sergeant Steenberg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Det är aldrig fel att kasta en granat!"
steenberg
Squad XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Och en AAR.

Lure

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inte dåligt med den kassa kanonen i Church7!

Själv föredrar jag Church 3 över 7 pga den bättre kanonen.... fast när jag tänker på det har jag nog inte spawnat en enda churchill denna karta... Razz
Squad XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Det var svettigt ett par gånger. Wink Men jag fick ut två tigrar. Den ena trackade jag ju och han despawnade så det blev ingen kill. Men det var coolt. Smile

steenberg
Squad XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 09:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Jag tror church 7an är min nya kompis. 18kills. Smile Varav 5st PaK40, två 3H och en 3G. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Allied Forces Division Forum Index -> War-stories All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: